So today I was digging through some archived photo albums to find the photos featuring the family’s excursion to the Laflèche Aerial and Adventure Park in Gatineau, Québec…….taken on Oct. 19, 2009! Yes, it’s been a while. But I hadn’t thought it was that long ago. One of my blogging friends, Keerthy, had recently posted about her first experience with ziplining, and she and I had commented back and forth on the subject with her subsequently requesting to see some photos from my experience.
So here goes! Have a peek……and I welcome comments about your own adventures in ziplining or any thoughts on the subject you’d like to share.
- Jason gets harnessed
- Sonja checks her harness
- Platforms between each aerial challenge
- Only three people per platform (for safety reasons)
5. Conrad climbing up to part 2 of the adventure trail
6. Jason re-attaching his carabiners to loops and lines
7. Me looking up
8. As we line up to climb
9. Stephen keeps his balance
10. Jason continues on the sliding skateboard challenge
11. I am manoevering on one of the wobbly challenges
12. Kirby makes his way through another wobbly challenge
13. A picturesque view from up so high
14. Looking down to see how far the ground is….
15. Seeing the others on the platforms…..man, we are up so high!
16. Coming up to the extreme ziplines
17. Stephen is coming in for a landing
18. Getting lifelines and pulley unhooked from the cable before calling out “Clear!” to the next zipliner
19. Sonja is standing on a runway platform; she will need to take a bit of a run at it
20. Looking over Sonja’s shoulder at the view
21. And away she goes!
22. I took this picture just before it was my turn to zip away!
23. For these faster ziplines it’s important to apply “hand” brakes
24. Stephen is coming over on a long zipline
25. Stephen makes a nice, smooth landing
26. Sonja takes off
27. Conrad is coming in!
28. Another fine landing
29. Stephen sails over the parking lot on the last zipline
30. Conrad is coming in fast! Wahoo!
31. My two carabiners attached to thick cord – my life lines!
32. The pulley device to carry me along all those snazzy ziplines
33. Four hours later with a huge smile of accomplishment; completion of the Aerial Trail and Ziplines!